There are presently no open calls for applications.
TOURISM GRANT PROGRAM
The Tourism Grant program is offered through Visit Jackson to enhance visitor and tourism promotional efforts and tourism product development for events held in the city of Jackson. This program assists entities with tourism marketing and promotion, tourism product development, attractions, special events, and festivals that will foster increased visitation from outside of the Jackson area, while enhancing the visitor's experience; ultimately resulting in heightened local economic impact.
The purpose of this grant program it to provide funds for marketing, product development, and other qualified expenses directed towards increasing the number of overnight visitors to Jackson, MS from outside of the area. Events must demonstrate the ability to generate a major positive economic impact for the City of Jackson.
Funding is available to nonprofit & government organizations that promote inbound tourism through public venues. Qualified applicants must clearly demonstrate the ability to generate a major positive economic impact by attracting participants from outside Jackson to stay overnight in hotels and/or patronize Jackson restaurants.
The program is also designed to assist and enhance meetings, conferences & conventions, trade shows, equine events and sporting events that demonstrate the capability to generate a positive economic impact by attracting verifiable delegates or attendees from outside the Jackson area to stay overnight in Jackson hotels and patronize Jackson restaurants. Applicants must use Jackson venues and hotels to be eligible to receive Visit Jackson funding.
The Visit Jackson Grant program is offered to the Jackson Tourism Industry in the following categories:
- Attraction, Museum & Public Use Facilities Support
- Festival & Cultural Event Support
Online Applications Accepted: December 6, 2019 - January 17, 2020
- Convention & Meeting Support
- Sports & Equine Event Support
Online Applications Accepted: December 2, 2019 - January 17, 2020
Every grant application will be considered on its own merit and it is within the Grant Committee's authority to approve or deny any grant for any reason. Greater consideration and higher priority will be given to projects that demonstrate the highest potential for causing major economic impact, especially through increasing restaurant revenue and hotel occupancy. Applicants must realize that even though an application received may qualify, limited funding may not allow all projects to receive assistance. There are no guarantees that any request will receive assistance. All decisions regarding awards are made at the sole discretion of the Visit Jackson Board of Directors.
- Organizations may only apply for funding in one category, per event, per fiscal year. This does not prohibit an individual working for multiple organization/entities/events from applying for separate funding so long as there is no cross-over of funds.
- Additionally, organizations/projects that are awarded funding under the Greater Jackson Arts Council Grant Program, or the City of Jackson are not eligible to receive funding through Visit Jackson's Tourism Grant Program, nor are organizations/projects that have been awarded funding through Visit Jackson's Grant Program eligible to receive funding through the Greater Jackson Arts Council Grant Program.
- A final report is required for each grant and for each year during the grant.
- Applicants who do not comply with all deadlines and procedures (including reporting) may be disqualified and ineligible to receive Tourism Grant Funds for three years.
Tourism Grant Application Process
The entire application and grant process will be managed through the online portal
Festival & Cultural Event Support application must be submitted at least 90 days prior to the start date of the event.
- You will need to create a free Submittable account in order to submit to these forms.
- You can save a draft of your work if you would like to finish filling out the form at a later date.
- We will follow-up with you about your submission by email. Please be sure the email address you used to sign up for your Submittable Account is one that you check regularly.